3D DESIGN & PRINT
2018 - Present
All lesson plans include fully editable teaching and learning resources such as power points, lesson worksheet tasks with accompanying answer sheets, homework tasks with answer sheets, design challenges, video tutorials and assessments with example to 3D print to support the delivery of the curriculum. The design challenges are differentiated to allow all students to be challenged in lesson regardless of their ability. Students will learn 3D CAD and how to create their own models as part of the curriculum. There are over 190 lesson resources published that allow the lessons to be taught straight ‘out of the box’ with minimal planning needed.
- Get introduced to CAD in 3D;
- Hands-on session on using Sketch up –
- Basic Geometrical shapes & a Customized mini project;
- Demos of Tinker CAD,
- Opens CAD, How to design by coding,
- What tools to use for which industry; etc.
- How to 3D Print a CAD Design;
- What formats are supported;
- How does an STL look like;
- How does a GCODE look like;
- How to conquer a high quality 3D Print vs. a fast 3D Print;
- Strength & weight of a 3D Print.
- How to 3D Print in two colors or two materials
3D Printer Skills that are in Demand
- Quickly and cheaply test ideas to discover what works
- It enhances problem solving as students have to correct flaws and reprint designs to improve them
- Three-dimensional visuals act as powerful learning aids to help explain difficult concepts to students
- CAD skills lead students to 3D design proficiency
- General introduction
- Basic and technologies in 3D printers
- How does a 3D-printer work?
- Types of printers and materials?
- Who uses 3D Printing and what for?
- What can you print with a 3D-printer?
Ways 3D Printing Can Be Used In Education
- Graphic Design students can print out 3D versions of their artwork
- Geography students can print out topography, demographic, or population maps
- Automotive students can print out replacement parts or modified examples of existing parts for testing
- Chemistry students can print out 3D models of molecules
- Biology students can print out cells, viruses, organs, and other critical biological artifacts
- Math students can print out “problems” to solve in their own learning
General introduction on 3d Printing and Additive Manufacturing
(3 hours )
Types of 3d printers and Methods of Printing
Control of Manufacturing Process (Electrical Control)
Features of various Material’s
3d Design and Slicing of Model
(4 hours )
3d Models STP Design Configuration & Design
Slicing of 3d Models
Slicing modes ad Setting
Demonstration of 3D Printer assembly and Operation
(1 hours )
3D Printing Models in Various modes of Operation
Evaluation and Calibration of Final Product
(1 hours )